Meet Brushel! Brushel is described as a “loyal” fur friend who can make you smile with his silly quirks and goofball attitude. He’s a lover, a snuggler, and a remarkable companion!
- Name: Brushel
- How I Got My Name: My dad was switching between TV channels when a commercial for a brush hog (whatever that is) came on. Just as he switched the channel, he heard the “ell” part of Russell Westbrook’s (a basketball player) name. In combining “brush” from the commercial and “ell” from the basketball player, he came up with Brushel, and the rest is history!
- Breed: Labrador Retriever
- Nicknames: Brush dog, brush head, brush, brushy
- Age: 2 (soon to be 3…already)
- Birthdate: January 14, 2016
- Adoption Story: I was adopted on March 26, 2016 at ten weeks old. I kind of picked my owners, they didn’t pick me. While all of my brothers and sisters were busy playing with each other, I ran over to my now human parents and snuggled up against their legs. I’ve had them wrapped around my paw ever since!
- Best Tricks: I can “sit” and “lay,” especially if food is involved, and I’m pretty good with “leave its” too! I’m also really good at catching food in the air when it’s thrown to me (and might have even passed this skill onto my fur friend, Pinella)! I’m not too good at paw shaking, however, because I hate my paws being touched.
- Collar Color I Sport Best: I sport my green collar the best, and when I pair it with my red harness, I feel all decked out for Christmas!
- My Fur Family: I have 3 other feline siblings – Joe, Nittany, and Sue. (Can you guess how they got their names?)
- Favorite Fur Friends: I love my kitter siblings, Cousin Pinella, Molly (the neighbor dog), and Lulu and Pepper (the neighbor cats). I also really miss my fur friends, Chloie and Maggie, and try to make friends with NutNut and the squirrels, but they just run away from me!
- Favorite Activities: In addition to playing fetch year-round, I love when summertime rolls around because mom and dad take me to the river to swim. I was once a scaredy-cat (or should I say scaredy-dog) to go swimming until one day I saw another dog doing it and decided to give it a try. Now, I love it. I guess it’s true what they say: Monkey see, monkey do!
- Favorite Toys: My ball that squeaks when you roll it and my durable chew toys (nothing soft, please, I chew those to pieces!)
- Favorite Treats/Food: I eat Purina Pro Plan and love peanut butter (without Xylitol!), apples, bananas, and Milk Bones. I really like having this new human sister though because she always drops food down for me. I’ll eat just about anything!
- Favorite Memories:
- “When I was going for a walk with my human family and, silly me, wasn’t paying attention and tripped over a rock and it scared the poop out of me (literally all over the road)!”
- “When I got to reveal the sex of my new human sibling!”
- “Waiting at the window every day for my dad to get home from work”
- Life Lesson Learned From Brushel: Dogs teach us how to be better humans. They teach us what it’s like to never hold a grudge and love unconditionally.
2 thoughts on “Brushel the Loyal Companion!”
Love to read your blogs! Keep up the great work! Love you T!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Best article yet. Or am I just being bias??
LikeLiked by 1 person